Criteria of the Scheme
Students Loan Scheme 2023 – Under the scheme, the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
- He/She has obtained admission on merit through standard course/procedure in the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned hereunder.
- He/She falls at the time of admission within the age bracket of:-
For Graduation Not exceeding 21 Years
For Post-Graduation Not exceeding 31 Years
For Ph.D. Not exceeding 36 Years
- He/she got 70% on the last round of the public tests.
- He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below.
- He/she can’t go to school because they don’t have enough money.
Types of Loan
The loan facility will be available for the entire duration of the study for:-
Paid directly to the University/College
- Schedule Fee
- Delivered directly to the Boarding expenses excluding meal charges
- Boarding expenses excluding meal charges
- Procurement of textbooks — disbursed directly to the student
The maximum loan repayment period is 10 years from the date of disbursement of the first installment. After six months of working or one year of finishing school, whichever comes first, the borrower has to pay back the loan in monthly payments. Students Loan Scheme 2023.
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information Systems and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences
- Forms can be picked up at any of the branches listed above or downloaded from the National Bank of Pakistan website www.nbp.com.pk/studentloan
- Students should send in two copies of the Student Loan Application Form.
- If a student wants to get a loan through the Scheme, he or she must fill out the form and show that he or she was accepted to one of the universities or colleges based on merit.
- Applicants must send their applications on the prescribed form, which must be filled out completely, to the designated branches listed next to each University/College by the given date. Applications that aren’t complete won’t be looked at.
- Students who took advantage of this service in the past year(s) do not need to apply.
Only applications sent to the right places by July 29 will be considered.
The loan facility is subject to the availability of funds.
Applicants can talk to Mr. Muhammad Tahir Hafeez, Vice President, Students Loan Scheme Wing, National Bank of Pakistan, Head Office, Karachi, for more information and help. Telephone No. 021-99220026, and 021-99220100-50 Ext: 2637 & 2170. (Students Loan Scheme 2023).