PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme ePortal – If you are a special (disabled) student who wants a free electric wheelchair, you must apply for the PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme 2023. All students with a permanent disability who have a certificate from NADRA saying they have that disability can apply online.
As we all know, the price of an electric wheelchair in Pakistan is between Rs. 1 Lac and Rs. 2 Lac. This makes it hard for any student from a low-income family to buy one. The last day to send an application is set for November 30, 2023. PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme ePortal.
PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme ePortal. Under the Prime Minister’s Electric Wheelchair Scheme for University Students (Phase-III), the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan is looking for students with walking disabilities who are enrolled or will be enrolled in Undergraduate/Master’s/Ph.D. programs at Public Sector Universities and Affiliated Colleges during the Fall Semester of 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the Electric Wheelchair Scheme for Disabled Students in 2023
There will be electric wheelchairs given to students who:
- Have a permanent physical disability that makes it hard for them to walk, so much so that they need a wheelchair to get around.
- are unable to cross curbs because their legs are paralyzed or no longer work.
- have one or both legs missing
- Are registered/being registered for the academic session Fall 2022-23 in HEC recognized Public Sector Universities and Affiliated Colleges of all provinces, AJ&K, and Gilgit-Baltistan in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MS/MPhil, and Ph.D. programs.
- Have a valid certificate from the relevant Competent Authority/Government institution that says you are a special person or can’t walk.
- Have not applied for and received Electric Wheelchairs in previous Phases
Sign Up for PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme ePortal 2023 Online
- Students who meet the requirements should fill out the online application form at eportal.hec.gov.pk/wheelchair and send it in before November 30, 2023.
- Take a copy of the application form, attach the necessary documents, and turn it in to the office of the Vice Chancellor, Registrar, or another person in charge. PM Electric Wheelchair Scheme ePortal.
- Universities and affiliated colleges will send all eligible cases to HEC at the following address by December 31, 2023. Electric Wheelchairs will be given out based on need.